Aula Magna Unitelma
Viale Regina Elena, 295
00161 Rome, Italy
Please download the Din A4 poster here, print it and pin it on your bulletin board.
Monday, May 30
Session 1 – Chair: Beatrice Vallone
- 9:30-10:15 Richard Neutze (Göteborgs Universitet)
Time-resolved structural studies of two energy transducing integral membrane proteins
- 10:15-11:00 Martin Weik (Institute de Biologie Structurale)
Time-resolved serial femtosecond crystallography on photoswitchable fluorescent proteins
- 11:30-12:15 Gebhard Schertler (Paul Scherrer Institut)
Membrane protein structural biology using X-ray free electron lasers
- 12:15-12:45 Maria Mitsi (Paul Scherrer Institut)
Conformational dynamics and protein flexibility: when crystallography is not enough Probing protein dynamics in solution with small angle X-ray scattering and electron microscopy
Session 2 – Chair: Alberto Boffi
- 14:00-14:45 Matteo Levantino (Università di Palermo)
Investigating protein structural dynamics with time-resolved X-ray scattering
- 14:45-15:30 Cristiano Viappiani (Università di Parma)
Ligand migration through hemeprotein cavities, protein dynamics, and solvent coupling: insights from laser flash photolysis
- 15:30-16:15 Henry Chapman (DESY/ Universität Hamburg)
Macromolecular Diffractive Imaging using Disordered Crystals
- 16:15-17:00 Discussion: Experimental systems an methods for studying dynamics.
Tuesday, May 31
Session 3 Chair – Marco Cammarata
- 9:30-10:15 Andrea Amadei (University of Rome Tor Vergata)
Theoretical-computational modeling of equilibrium and dynamical protein observables: a new frontier for biophysical-biochemical research.
- 10:15-11:00 Albert Ardevol (MPI-Biophysik Frankfurt)
Ultrafast protein dynamics in Myoglobin. Direct comparison between X-ray experiments and QM/MM simulations.
- 11:30-12:00 Giancarlo Ruocco (Sapienza Università di Roma)
- 12:00-13:00 Discussion: new perspectives for the study of protein dynamics in the context of the X-Probe ITN.
Getting there :
– From Fiumicino Airport take the fast train Leonardo Express to Termini.
– From Ciampino Airport there are two bus services to Termini: Terravision and SITBus. The bus leaves in connection with incoming flights and the ticket boot is in front of the Arrival gate.
– From Termini Station take bus n. 310 for 5 stops until UNIVERSITA’/SCIENZE. From there walk for 150mt until Viale Regina Elena 295;
– From Tiburtina Station take Metro B direction Laurentina and get off at POLICLINICO. From there walk for 550mt until Viale Regina Elena 295.
You can also take a taxi. Please use only official white taxis.